Usually I reserve Sundays for school work and try to relax as much as possible on Saturdays. I should try and get all my work done on Saturdays so I can chill out on Sundays and not have anything to worry about… but that doesn’t ever happen.
I headed to the gym around 1 (and having to run back home to get my sneakers, of course) and met up with my friend, Jess, who I haven’t seen since last summer. We caught up while working out. We did:
- planks with straight arms (1 min) and planks on our elbows (1 min)
- Ab workout with the medicine ball (4 sets, 10 reps each)
- Plank to low plank “push ups” (10 on each side)
- Elliptical for 18 minutes or 1.8 miles
- Ran 1 mile on the track
- Went into the “scary man room” and did some squats with the bar (0lb, 10lb, 25lb – 15, 15, 5 reps)
- squats with 20lb weight
- Many, many calf raises
I felt great afterwards and am thinking I’m going to be a little sore tomorrow.
I did some quick food shopping and then it was time to hit the books (…sort of) After lunch and a quick episode of How I Met Your Mother, I got most of my work done.
Tonight I FINALLY went to see the Black Swan. It was a fantastic movie, I’m really interested to see what the writers intended for the movie. I have to admit I was slightly confused during some of it, but I found it all to be so surreal and crazy that I can’t help but want to know more about the movie.
My alarm is set for 5:30am which means it’s bedtime!